5 Kitchen Rules To Eating Right
1. Season To Taste: Just because a recipe lists out the amount of certain spices and seasonings doesn’t mean you have to abide by that. Your mouth is going to tell you what you like best. So experiment a little and season to your taste.
2. Utilize the advice of others: Have you ever talked to your butcher or produce manager at your grocery store. If you haven’t you should be. They know about the best cuts of meat, the freshest meats that have just arrived or the freshest produce. Particularly the butchers can also tell you how best to prepare a certain cut of meat or fish. Utilize their expertise to enhance your dinner plate.
3. Create your own recipes: Recipes or ingredients aren’t set in stone. If you have some extra mushrooms in the fridge or a red bell pepper throw it into a recipe you think it would fit into. Don’t let good food go to waste. If you don’t like a recipe that has chicken in it and you think it would taste good with beef then switch it out. You will be amazed at how many new recipes you can come up with by adding or swapping out various ingredients. Expand your options and start experimenting a little and you just might come up with something amazing!
4. Shop for the best: Be picky with the quality of fruit and vegetables you buy. Inspect them and don’t be afraid to ask the produce manager for the freshest product. A fresh piece of fruit or quality vegetable can make all the difference in the taste of a meal or dish.
Same goes for meat or fish. Grass fed meat costs more, but you get a much healthier piece of meat richer in Omega 3 fats. If healthier food leads to a healthier body then why wouldn’t you spend a few extra dollars on higher quality food.
5. Utilize your local farms: Since we are on the topic of quality generally if you buy from local farms you will get fresher produce or meat and it is likely to taste better also. Not to mention if you buy organic or buy right after it comes out of the field you get a food with more nutrients in it.
If you implement these 5 Kitchen Rules To Eating Right your food will taste better and you body will thank you.