How to Reduce Stress
So for weight loss as well as overall health, here are 50 ways to reduce stress.
- Sleep removes cortisol from our system. You need about 8 hours of quality sleep every night.
- Practise Yoga. Just one moment where you focus on living right NOW rather than what will come tomorrow or fretting about yesterday.
- Add healthful foods that provide energy. You will stop craving junk.
- Prepare meals ahead of time in large portions, refrigerate and freeze so you can grab and go.
- Have dinner with a good friend.
- Write in a journal.
- Watch a funny movie or tv show.
- Listen to good music-the more mellow and calming, the better.
- Play a board game with your kids or partner.
- Stay active during the work day.
- Make Love!
- Learn and practise progressive muscle relaxation by tensing and releasing every muscle from your head to your toes.
- Get some fresh air – go walk the dog.
- Practice deep breathing by taking a deep breath in through your nose and blowing out in a controlled manner, like you’re making a candle flame flicker.
- Make sure you eat when you’re hungry.
- Create a Vision Board with all your dreams on it!
- Practice visualisation or self-hypnosis.
- Move some heavy weights – feel your tired muscles regularly.
- Do a commitment analysis and find what you can let go.
- Laugh-go to a comedy club or spend the day with someone who makes you laugh.
Next time even more ways to cope with stress while working towards a healthy lifestyle….
follow my blog to make sure you never miss a post.