Part 4 – 50 Ways to Deal with Stress.
Take Action – Deal with issues that bother you…….
- Don’t ignore problems–deal with them and move on.
- Re-evaluate your diet and exercise–too much of a calorie deficit and too much cardio can both increase stress and cortisol!
- Lay in the sunshine for a bit of natural Vitamin D. Supplement D3 through the Winter.
- Quit smoking-nicotine increases your stress level, despite what you may think.
- Lower your standards. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Just smile because you can.
- Dance like no one is watching (maybe make sure no one is watching?)
- Take a hot bath or shower.
- Organize a hot spot of your home.
- Procrastination is like poison – Do It NOW!
- Ask yourself if a problem needs to be dealt with right now–then forget it until it does.
- Spend time with positive people, not moaners and groaners that bring you down.
- Ask for help. Don’t struggle alone.
- Foam roll or self-massage – ATR – active tissue release will relax your muscle and protect your joints. A relaxed body will cope with mental stresses much better than a tight one.