Do you find yourself hanging on the fridge door, looking for something to eat, but you don’t know what?
Do you start the week full of good intentions, but by Tuesday you’re in the biscuit tin?
Do you run out of meal ideas by Wednesday and revert back to starchy carb. Based meals?
Do you crave cereals, bread and pasta as soon as you even think about eating better?
Do your friends, family and work mates tell you to “Just GO eat something!” And tell you you’re irritable and difficult?
If the answer is yes, you probably have HANGER!
So, what is it – well, it’s a term I’ve stolen( with permission) from Kelly, one of PT clients!
Hanger is when you are Hungry and Angry…. The urge for nutrition and calories – a survival essential – takes over.
You might experience the symptoms shown above and or these too….
1. Bad Temper
3. Wanting food, but don’t know what
4. Feeling hungry at bedtime and in between meals
5. Inability to stick to your plan
7. Headache, aches and pains
8. Generally feeling unwell, tired
9. Finding your meals unappealing
10. Lack or energy and enthusiasm
If this sounds like you…
– your total daily calories – too few?
– your portion sizes – too small?
– your range of foods – too restricted?
– your food groups- some missing?
Aim for 60% Proteins, 30% Fats, 30% Carbs….
Your total calories relate to your body composition
You should aim for 30 different foods each week
You should eat a rainbow of good every day
Remember your body can’t change if you starve it, in terms of calories or nutrients!
FEED THE MUSCLE – food/ calories in
BURN THE FAT – exercise/calories out
Train Hard, Eat Clean Expect GREAT Results