#1 STOP Eating The WRONG Cheat Foods
One of the biggest mistakes people make is eating the wrong cheat foods.
Simply put, when you eat the right cheat foods, you’ll speed up your metabolism, increase your insulin sensitivity, and reset all the fat burning hormones that keep you burning fat – and you’ll do it without getting fatter.
But when you eat the wrong foods you can completely DESTROY all the positive benefits of strategic cheating.
For example, deep fried foods might taste delicious, but they are completely void of any nutritional value and therefore provide ZERO benefits when cheating. Try to avoid them.
Also make sure to avoid a lot of alcohol and high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) when cheating. This can block leptin sensitivity. In case you didn’t know, leptin is your body’s #1 fat burning hormone and your first priority should be optimizing leptin when you’re cheating.
People who eat deep fried foods, loads of junk foods loaded with HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup), trans fats or binge drink on cheat days end up storing EVERY single calorie as fat on their bellies.
Make sure you stick with home cooked cheat meals and high carb, high sugar cheat foods that are not deep fried or full of HFCS. If you want to indulge in your favorite cocktails, wine and beer – go for it! But it’s critical to do it later in the day after you cheat or all your previous week’s weight loss efforts will be nothing but a WASTE of your time.
Eat Clean. Train Smart. Feel Great
Health Benefits of Artichokes
One vegetable that people turn their nose up to far too often is the artichoke. Often this vegetable is neglected not even because of its taste, but because many simply don’t know how to prepare it properly.
The artichoke is a nutrient goldmine, so it is a food that you want to make sure you are including in your diet on a regular basis.
Let’s freshen up your knowledge of what this superfood has to offer so that you can see why you should add it to your menu this week.
Did You Know?
· Artichokes rank very high as a top rated vegetable that you can consume as far as antioxidant potential goes. This means they put up a powerful defense against oxidative damage due to free radicals that you come into contact with on a day to day basis
· Artichokes offer powerful protection against breast and prostate cancer, so those with a family history of these diseases will especially want to include artichokes in your diet.
· Artichokes can help to enhance the health of the liver, causing cell regeneration to take place.
· Artichokes promotes a better digestive system, helping you absorb more nutrients from the foods you eat.
· This vegetable can act as a natural diuretic for the body, so can be a natural treatment for women who are suffering from water retention due to PMS.
· Some people even report that consuming the leaves of an artichoke helps to lessen the side effects of a hangover, so this can be a more natural remedy after a late night out
· One large artichoke will provide you with 25% of your total daily fibre intake, helping you easily meet your nutrient requirements
How They Help You Lose Weight
Artichokes are a great food if you’re interested in fat loss because they contain so much dietary fibre, they will help to keep your energy levels more regular and reduce hunger for hours after you eat them.
In addition, the potassium found in artichokes can encourage stronger muscular contractions and energy levels, so you can workout harder.