The Pros of Carbs
1. Carbs are muscle sparing. In other words, they preserve and prevent the breakdown of lean calorie burning muscle tissue.
2. They provide energy to the brain and the body.
3. They help spark our metabolism and keep it elevated to prevent metabolic slowdown and keep fat-burning hormones at optimal levels.
4. They fuel vitally important metabolic processes in the body that can help us exercise harder and recover faster.
5. They stimulate insulin, which leads to a very anabolic/muscle building environment (this is kind of a catch 22 as you’ll read next)
Rat Clean. Train Smart. Expect Results