How to Eat Yourself Fitter
Okay, so today’s tip is all about protecting your immune system so you can perform at your best all year round.
The key is, quite simply, what you eat… especially AFTER you’re been doing exercise.
Truth is, you can follow all the fancy training programmes you want, but if you’re laid up with coughs and colds each winter, you’re never going to reap the rewards of all that hard work.
So you need to ensure your body gets enough of those nutrients that support your immune system, including:
• Vitamin A – well supplied in liver, eggs, all orange and red fruits and vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, apricots.
• Vitamin C – found in citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruits, kiwis, all the berries, also well supplied in tomatoes and peppers.
• Vitamin D – good sources include eggs, milk, butter, cod liver oil and some other fish oils.
• Essential fatty acids (i.e. omega-3 and omega-6 oils) – good sources include all the fatty fish (trout, sardines, herrings, salmon, mackerel, pilchards, etc.) as well as unrefined whole grains and nuts and seeds, especially, hemp, flax, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
• Zinc – a vital immune nutrient; good sources are high quality, lean cuts of meat and fish and shellfish; also found in whole grains and some nuts and seeds, such as walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
• Selenium – well supplied in unrefined whole grains (eg wholemeal bread), all seafood and some nuts and seeds, especially Brazil nuts.
But as well as the above, you need to consider a post-exercise nutritional strategy.
That info comes next! …..
Eat Well. Train Hard. Expect Results!
http://www.creators.com/Beetroot Juice May Be a Better Sports Drink
This article continues from the TV program last Monday evening about Beetroot juice and the research done at Coventry university in the UK.
For an energy boost during and to reduce muscle soreness after hard exercise beetroot juice shots and maybe Cherry juice are the way to go.
There’s also an update on caffeine, however I prefer the non- stimulant route.
Go over and visit the site to read the article.
To keep you moving over the Christmas break…
A short video to give you an idea of what we get up to!
Don’t worry the class isn’t ALL moves like this. Lots of variations and simplifications are offered too!
As a non member you can attend for £2 a session ( when you buy a set of 5 for £10) you’ll also get 2 hours free parking in Beechwood Arcade.
as my friend Yogameg would say
Let me ask you a question to prove my point…
You’ve probably noticed that there are 2 types of people who exercise regularly:
PERSON #1 – Believes Strength Training Is The Key To Burning Fat, Building Lean Toned Muscle And Transforming Your Body.
PERSON #2 – Believes That Cardio Is The Ultimate Key To Losing Fat, Building Lean Toned Muscle And Transforming Your Body.
Now… strength training is great and it’s definitely effective for building muscle. However, I’ve met a few strength athletes that can lift heavy weights, but can’t walk up a flight of stairs without losing their wind.
You don’t want that, do you?
NO! I didn’t think so If you’re anything like me or my clients, you want to develop a lean body that looks great and performs great!
On the other side, cardio is great for burning fat, if it’s done correctly. Which is why cardio is not the enemy and must be viewed as another piece of the body transformation puzzle
Eat Clean. Train Smart. Expect Results.
Practically every new exercise program these days is using some form of High Intensity Interval Training. The reason for this is because of a study you’ve probably heard of called the Tabata study.
This study showed that people who exercised for 4 minutes using 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest were able to get better results then people who exercised for 60 minutes!
Sadly, most trainers get it WRONG!