How to Reduce Stress
So for weight loss as well as overall health, here are 50 ways to reduce stress…..
- Practice meditation by closing your eyes and getting in touch with the present moment.
- Get a massage or ask someone close to you to give you one.
- Read a good book.
- Play a game of touch football, soccer, or basketball with friends or family.
- Turn off the news or news websites.
- Get a pet or spend time with someone else’s.
- Plant a garden.
- Go for a challenging bike ride.
- Practice daily self-affirmation in the mirror. Accept yourself.
- Hug someone you care about.
- Have a chill-out day. Stay home and relax.
- Write down all of the things you are thankful for – and read your list often.
- Create something-a painting, a poem, a flower arrangement-the possibilities are endless.
- Visit an aquarium and watch the fish. (or a pet shop!)
- Try talking therapy – CBT or NLP .
Follow my blog to make sure you don’t miss the last post in this series.
How to Reduce Stress
So for weight loss as well as overall health, here are 50 ways to reduce stress.
- Sleep removes cortisol from our system. You need about 8 hours of quality sleep every night.
- Practise Yoga. Just one moment where you focus on living right NOW rather than what will come tomorrow or fretting about yesterday.
- Add healthful foods that provide energy. You will stop craving junk.
- Prepare meals ahead of time in large portions, refrigerate and freeze so you can grab and go.
- Have dinner with a good friend.
- Write in a journal.
- Watch a funny movie or tv show.
- Listen to good music-the more mellow and calming, the better.
- Play a board game with your kids or partner.
- Stay active during the work day.
- Make Love!
- Learn and practise progressive muscle relaxation by tensing and releasing every muscle from your head to your toes.
- Get some fresh air – go walk the dog.
- Practice deep breathing by taking a deep breath in through your nose and blowing out in a controlled manner, like you’re making a candle flame flicker.
- Make sure you eat when you’re hungry.
- Create a Vision Board with all your dreams on it!
- Practice visualisation or self-hypnosis.
- Move some heavy weights – feel your tired muscles regularly.
- Do a commitment analysis and find what you can let go.
- Laugh-go to a comedy club or spend the day with someone who makes you laugh.
Next time even more ways to cope with stress while working towards a healthy lifestyle….
follow my blog to make sure you never miss a post.
You know when your Yin & Yang out ofbalance?
U train hard!
U eat clean!
U sleep well!
Why do u feel tight n stiff?
U need more Yin!
Stretching, rolling, massage & relaxation
It has been suggesteed that for every 60 mins you spend on Yang activities – Strength training & cardio training
You need about 20 minutes of Yin – stretching, Active Tissue Release, Foam Rolling, Massage, Relaxation etc…
Balance your program – avoid injury -maintain energy – AND enthusiasm…..
follow me @miclubtweets for daily health, fitness & nutrtion tips. Jax Allen